Northern Illinois University College of Law Interim Dean Laurel Rigertas and the NIU Law Alumni Council will honor eight outstanding alumni and friends of the school during its annual awards reception at the Union League Club of Chicago on Tuesday, September 24 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The 2019 award recipients were selected based on outstanding achievements in their careers, demonstrated service to the NIU College of Law or their community, and professional integrity.
The event will feature brief remarks beginning at 6:15 p.m. from Dean Rigertas, Alumni Council President Larry Stein (’93), and the award recipients.
The 2019 honorees include:
- Alumnus of the Year: Jerrod Williams (’02), Office of the Illinois Appellate Court, First District, Chicago, IL;
- Young Alumna of the Year: Desiree Matel-Anderson (’09), Field Innovation Team, Heber City, UT;
- Young Alumnus of the Year: Rick Guzman (’09), The Neighborhood Project, Aurora, IL;
- Distinguished Service Award: Jeffrey Lenkov (’91), Manning & Kass, Ellrod, Ramirez, Trester LLP, Los Angeles, CA;
- Outstanding Service Award: Matthew Jannusch (’01), Cook County State’s Attorney Office, Chicago, IL;
- Public Service Award: Mary Milano (’78), Illinois Guardianship and Advocacy Commission, Chicago, IL;
- Honorary Alumnus Award: Jeffrey Parness, Professor Emeritus, Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, IL;
- Mentor of the Year Award: Christine Janis (’16), Castlebrook Law, P.C., West Dundee, IL
The event is free and open to the public. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.