HuskieSearch is the new “discovery” platform for NIU as of June 24, 2020. It replaces the former library catalog and adds additional functionality.
You can still:
- Search for books and other physical materials at NIU and other I-Share libraries
- Place requests for physical materials located at I-Share libraries
- Track your requests and renew checked-out items in My Library Account
- Log in using your NIU A-ID or Z-ID account
- Search for journal articles and many other types of materials in a single search box
- Many more options for faceting (refining) your searches
- Locate the full text of online books and journal articles
Things to remember:
- Not all Law Library or NIU Libraries online resources can be found using HuskieSearch (for example, materials in Westlaw, Lexis Advance, or Bloomberg Law).
- Even for resources that can be found using HuskieSearch, sometimes their databases are best searched directly to give you the highest precision for your search results.
- See our HuskieSearch User Guide for the NIU Law Library
- If you need help using HuskieSearch or what you’re looking for doesn’t seem to be in HuskieSearch, please email email@example.com or use Ask-A-Librarian on our home page. We’ll be happy to direct you to resources that meet your needs and help you to use them.